June 18, 2001

The Board of Supervisors of Pennsbury Township held a regular meeting on Monday, June 18, 2001. Messrs. Reynolds, Holloway, Patten and Ms. Howley were present and the minutes approved as submitted.

Township Manager Kathy Howley reported the following:

There will be a public meeting to view the preliminary plan for the park on July 17th at 7 p.m. in the township building. A postcard will go out to all residents and it will be advertised in the local papers.

Spectrasite, owner of the cellular tower, will send out a property manager to address the landscaping at the base of our tower.

There have been 300 hits on our website for the month of May-June.

The next township meeting will be July 2nd at 7:30 p.m. in the Harris Room.

Forsyth Subdivision - the Board approved an extension to December 25th for the completion of this 2 lot subdivision.

Unionville-Chadds Ford School District Transportation Director Gayle Wolfel will attend our July 2nd meeting to address their policy for school bus pick up/drop off on our roads.

Township Engineer Matt Houtmann reported the following:

Hillhurst - culvert is in and working. They are proceeding with the landscaping.

Chadds Woods - observed them paving the driveway and making sure the crown is put in the road to improve the drainage. They installed a swale in the back of the Berger property to improve their drainage. Karen Leonard still has to obtain the signatures of all property owners to get the turnaround approved. The developer's agreement expires August 31, 2001. Everything should be completed by then.

Ted Davis (Hillendale Road) - still has an open land disturbance permit. Board asked that he attend a meeting and give us an update on where he is at in the process.

Ridge at Chadds Ford - road is cut in and the basin installed. They will start building homes when their sewage permits are approved.

Dawson's Mill - the wetlands delineation has been completed and moving ahead with the process of obtaining the permits.

Penn's Village - Mr. Becker agreed to comply with all ordinances and will be submitting a request for a conditional use hearing. Pennoni was asked to do a cursory review of the entrance and parking. Mr. Becker agreed to do an impact study.

Courts at Longwood - Mr. Patten received a letter from Mr. Ryan, attorney for Mr. D'Agostino, stating their response to Ms. Taylor's letters regarding trees. Dave Patten will contact Margot and Mr. D'Agostino to try and get some agreement on

Page 2

June 18, 2001

this. Mr. Harrison was present. A copy of a letter from S&S to Mr. Harrison

regarding the moving of his driveway was received by the township. Matt

Houtmann stated he would contact S&S and coordinate this effort.

Hillspring Road dedication - Bill Holloway stated that the residents would like to put a plan together to eliminate the ponding that is occurring where water is draining and possibly have the road crew install it when they do the culvert work.

Emergency Management - Reese Reynolds stated there is more training scheduled through the county. The township faired well during the storm over the weekend. No major flooding. Margot Taylor will be asked again to check the trees on township property along Brintons Bridge Road.


Mr. Monafo was present and expressed his concern about school buses stopping and picking up children along the curve on Hickory Hill Road just over the railroad tracks. The cars coming down the hill are going too fast and it is a blind curve so they do not see the school bus until it's too late. He did write the school district a letter. The township did install school bus stop signs but he would like to know if a guard rail or speed humps could be put in. These suggestions will be referred to the Traffic Safety Committee. Matt Houtman also suggested that the Traffic Calming manual recently put out by the state might have some suggestions in slowing down traffic. The school district transportation person will be at our July 2nd meeting so this will be addressed then.

Whitestone Farm - Jay March has been talking to Mr. Patten and Mr. Houtmann has recently received information from him on the catch basin. We will continue to monitor this.

The BOCA Maintenance Code will be advertised for adoption at the July 2nd meeting.

Library Task Force member, Alma Forsyth was present and submitted a report to the Board regarding the regional task force report on the formula for library contribution. The townships will be asked to endorse this formula. The supervisors do not have a problem with this. However, Mr. Reynolds stated that there must be verification of card holder numbers and all townships that use this formula should be able to nominate their own representative to the library board and that member should be accepted unless there is good reason otherwise.

A bill list dated June 18th numbering 2732-2770, PLGIT 141 was submitted and approved for payment by the Board. With no further business the meeting adjourned at

9:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted, Kathleen Howley, Township Manager