July 16, 2001

The Board of Supervisors of Pennsbury Township held a regular meeting on Monday, July 16, 2001. All members were present and the minutes approved as submitted.

Township Manager Kathy Howley reported the following:

Township received a request for a zoning hearing board hearing from Omnipoint. They proposed to erect a cellular flagpole in the cemetery of the Parkersville Meetinghouse property on Parkersville Road. The hearing has been set for August 15th at 7:30 p.m. in the township building. Omnipoint will appear at the next supervisor's meeting to explain what their intentions are and why they picked this site.

There will be a joint meeting with the supervisors and planning commission members on Monday, July 30th at 7:30 p.m. to give an update on the 2001 goals and objectives.

There will be a public meeting regarding the preliminary park plan scheduled for Tuesday, July 17th at 7 p.m. in the township building.

A resolution will be drawn up adopting the rules and regulations for the use of the township building.

Will adopt the Act 68 revisions at the next supervisor's meeting on August 6th.

Township Engineer Matt Houtmann reported the following:

1. Dawson Mill - issued a letter with a sketch and a summary of the work to be done to obtain a permit from the dam safety department.

Whitestone Farm - reviewed storm water calculations for the basin. Everything is OK except for the 2 yr storm. Mr. Patten advised Matt it would be OK for him to proceed forward and make the revisions.

Ted Davis - Mr. Davis gave Matt the most recent copy of the plan for the land disturbance permit. Matt will review it and if everything is OK, issue him the permit. Mr. Davis will be contacted about the clean up of his property which contains numerous abandoned cars and it appears the salt shed is a fire hazard containing junk from floor to ceiling.

Residents of Hillspring Road are continuing to meet regarding the takeover the road by the township. Mr. Holloway will keep us posted.

Courts at Longwood - Margot Taylor, Dave Patten, David D'Agostino, Joe Orsati and Joe Ryan met on Saturday, July 14th to discuss the tree issues outstanding. An agreement was reached with all parties, reviewed with the supervisors and signed. The Board stressed that all deadlines must be kept by the developer to avoid further action by the township. The Board stated that inspections could resume at the Courts. The Board thanked all those who took time on a Saturday to meet and resolve this issue. Mr. Harrison stated that he did sign an

Page 2

July 16, 2001

agreement with S&S to complete work on his property contingent upon them

completing other items outstanding that were stated in a letter to him. Matt

Houtmann stated he wrote a letter to Mr. Barlotti regarding the dead trees on

lot 17 that must be removed.

Rusty Drumheller gave a report on the status of the building renovations. He will try to get L&I approval this week. 90% of the building is finished but there has been no final punch list. The Board asked him to put together a preliminary report on the final costs.

Bob Hall of Francis Hall Insurance was present to give the Board an explanation of our coverage on township officials. People are suing supervisors as individuals and do we have the right coverage for this. Bob gave an explanation of our coverage and advised the supervisors that our coverage is sufficient and will take care of most potential claims. Bob also stated he would follow up on a township claim for a damaged traffic light control box which took place in January of this year. The damages from an accident in March of this year have been covered by the other insurance company.

Gail Wolfel of the School District Transportation Department was present to discuss the school district policy on picking up and dropping off children. Mr. Monofo of Hickory Hill Road wrote a letter to them regarding a dangerous stop on Hickory Hill Road at the end of his driveway which is on a curve. Gail stated that the district takes into consideration the area where the child must walk, signage advising motorists of a school bus stop and sight distance in each direction should be 500 ft. The roads are difficult, narrow and winding in the district. Mr. Monofo asked if the school bus could stop going down the hill, right side drop off and pick up. Gail said she would look into this and get back to him and the township with an answer. Dot Shaw stated that a cul-de-sac should be 5/10 of a mile or longer before a bus would travel down it to pick up children. 75% of the school bus stops are at driveways.

Emergency Management - Reese Reynolds reported that he has contacted PECO regarding a recent power line down and what their policy is. They did not respond and the fire company did come out but could not stay. PECO would like to meet informally with the Board to discuss this. However, the supervisors encouraged Reese to meet with them or perhaps meet at one of their workshop meetings on a Thursday morning.

Megill Barn - there are still some issues that need to be agreed upon per Mr. Sagnor's letter to Dave Patten. The Board agreed that there should be a $50,000 performance bond and a $150,000 note. Mr. Patten will follow up on this.

Page 3

July 16, 2001

Mr. Patten asked the Board if a land disturbance permit or land development plan is needed for Mr. Rosencrans to expand his parking lot. The Board agreed that a sketch plan showing the changes should be given to Mr. Drumheller for his review and approval.

A bill list dated July 16th numbering 2806-2839 was submitted and approved for payment by the Board.

With no further business the meeting adjourned at 10 p.m.

Respectfully submitted:

Kathleen Howley

Township Manager