April 21, 2003

The Board of Supervisors of Pennsbury Township held a regular meeting on Monday, April 21, 2003. All members, Mr. Patten and Ms. Howley were present and the minutes approved as submitted.


Bill Reynolds opened the meeting and went over what information the township has gathered since the last meeting. He stated they continue to meet with resident groups, have looked into hiring the Ivy Group to do an assessment by phone and another letter will be going out to residents sometime this week. The Ivy Group will be submitting a proposal to the township which would cover phone interviews during May 5-16th and present findings on May 27th. MaryAnna Ralph added that development could be halted and/or controlled if we work together. She presented a map which shows the school district and what lands are open for development.

Resident comments:

Bill Reynolds stated that we do not want to stop development but manage it. He thanked everyone for coming.

Township Manager Kathy Howley reported the following:

Open Space Initiative group met April 9th & 16th.

Township conducted a Media Day on April 10th. Kennett Paper and Daily Local News were present. Press releases were sent out to other papers.

Matt Houtmann approved the payment of the Antonnini bill.

Page 2

April 21, 2003

Dave Allen stated that Hickory Hill Road would not meet the criteria for a speed hump. This information will be passed along to Bob Mantell of Hamorton Woods

The plans for Steger Gowie were signed at the last meeting and released today. The letter of credit and other land development documents were signed by the Board April 16th.

The township received a letter from PennDot denying the installation of stop signs at Pocopson and Parkersville Roads. It does not meet their warrants.

The township is seeking tax exempt status with the county for the Mill property. This hearing has been postponed and will be rescheduled for June.

Roadmaster Dave Allen reported the following:

Will get the traffic counters from Kennett Township next week for the Knoll.

Will meet with the Co-op this week to go over road work for the summer.

Chipping will start this week. The dumpsters will be delivered this week for road clean up and resident disposals. The yard sale will also take place this Saturday.

There will be a boy scout jamboree in the park May 3-4th and a wedding performed on May 3rd.

McCoy 2 lot subdivision - Anna B McCoy was present to obtain approvals. She is obtaining additional acreage from other mother's property in order to get 10 acres for Act 319. There is no development proposed. The Planning Commission recommended approval. With no further discussion the Board approved and signed the plans.

The Board approved the easement document for the shared driveway for the Blanton subdivision on Pocopson and Brintons Bridge Roads.

Matt Houtmann reported that he has studied the bid documents for the dredging of the Mill and everything is in order. He is still working on the wetland mitigation. The township will accept the lowest bidder but suggest we put off the work until summer. More funding for the project needs to be obtained.

Matt talked to Jack Becker about the need to get Misty Meadow dedicated to the township.

Emergency Management reported they have received generous donations of equipment from township residents. Attended PEMA seminars last week and will get an article in the next township newsletter. Working on an emergency scenario for the township. Received $300 from the County for complying with their change in format.

Page 3

April 21, 2003

Dave Patten will look over the Regional Plan. Com. Co-op agreement.

Received a copy of a letter from Mr. Draper addressed to PennDot regarding the poor condition of the twin bridge off Rt. 100 on the Brandywine. This was mentioned to St. Rep. Chris Ross at our last meeting with him.

Scottie Scottoline stated the proposed traditional neighborhood ordinance wording is not "tight" enough. The supervisors encouraged him to discuss this at the Planning Commission meeting with the developers.

The Board will support the application of the Zoning Hearing Board for the Wall barn conversion. Karen Wood will attend the meeting on April 23rd. If the small building is demolished in the future, this should be documented.

Boy Scouts James Bratcher, Phil Bieg and Tom Boyd were present. A copy of the budget was given to them. They are working on their government badge.

Larry Anderson reported that the 962 & Parkersville Road project is complete now that the trees have been planted.

A bill list dated April 21, 2003 numbering 4342-4376, State Fund #175 was submitted and approved for payment by the Board.

With no further discussion the meeting adjourned at 9 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Kathleen Howley

Township Manager