August 18, 2003

The Board of Supervisors of Pennsbury Township held a regular meeting on Monday August 18, 2003. All members, Mr. Patten and Ms. Howley were present and the minutes approved as submitted.

Manager Kathy Howley reported the following:

Abandoned cars - state police will not respond to our request to investigate cars left parked on roadways without the car strictly defined as abandoned according to the vehicle code. Therefore, the township will obtain information on the ownership of the vehicle, send a letter to the owner requesting removal. If not removed, then a hearing before the district justice will follow and the owner fined. Mr. Reynolds stated that our traffic ordinance still needs to be updated and the Traffic Safety Committee should be involved in this.

The township received a letter from PennDot stated that a proposed stop sign at Rt. 926 & Parkersville Road was not warranted.

The township received a letter from Mr. Brutscher who represents Mr. Faville on Hickory Hill Road. He suggests Mr. Faville has some storm water runoff problems possibly caused by the school district or railroad. He will set up a meeting between all parties and can use our building for this meeting.

Becky Barrett requested a closing of a portion of Hillendale Road for the "Run for the Hills" race associated with the balloon fest. Supervisors approved this.

URS is working on the stream discharge permit request received from Mr. Leeber on Parkersville Road. They will review the township their findings at a later date.

The township received a letter from Vandemark & Lynch requesting a 60 day extension for the Karyl Kates subdivision. This was granted and the deadline is now November 20, 2003.

The zoning hearing board meeting for the May request is scheduled for September 23rd.

Roadmaster Dave Allen reported the following:

Completed the oil & chipping. They still much sweep the streets tomorrow. Doesch King's performance was not adequate and will take this up with the Coop for next year's bidding. A resident on Hanover Drive complained about the loose stones and she will be this in writing to us.

Continue to mow road banks and get trees trimmed for the start of school on September 2nd. There is a storm inlet on Hanover Drive that will be repaired.

Met with Mark Hood of LTAP about a 4 way stop at Hillendale & Hickory Hill Roads. A study has been done and since there is inadequate sight distance at the southeast corner of Hickory Hill, a 4 way stop is warranted. Mr. Patten was advised to advertise this ordinance for the September 2nd meeting.

Page 2

August 18, 2003

4. Ray Coe of the scouts has requested electricity in our shed in the park. The

estimate is $3200. This information will be given to him and perhaps one of

the scout fathers can contribute this service to the township.

Open Space Committee update - Larry Anderson reported that since May the group has worked on ordinances for open space, earned income tax and the resolution for the increase in property tax for open space. They are in the process of drafting a document for the charter for the open space selection committee and a list of criteria for the selection process.

Proposed Open Space Ordinance - was duly advertised for adoption. It was noted that Scottie Scottoline has raised several questions and copies of his comments are available to the public. Mr. Reynolds summarized his concerns:

Lynn Luft asked the following:

Dave Patten recommended that the introductory clause be clarified as it relates to Act 153 and be readvertised once for adoption at the September 2nd meeting. Dave Patten also went over the proposed EIT ordinance and resolution for the property tax. This will also be covered at the September 2nd meeting for adoption. Lynn Luft asked if the proposed ordinances could be made available to the public some other ways in addition to being available at the township building during office hours.

Page 3

August 18, 2003

Township Engineer Matt Houtmann reported the following:

Courts at Longwood - Very little work has been done. David D'Agostino said he is working on it and knows he's behind schedule. Matt will proceed with working on bids to complete the work by October.

Pennsbury Mill - the Corp of Engr. will be working on the review of the site.

There are drainage problems at Chandler Ridge. The Conservation District is working on a proposal for Maui Meadow Farm. There is also a runoff problem on the Sappington property on Brintons Bridge Rd. Matt will follow up on this although there may be no ordinance to regulate this.

Chadds Ford Knoll - survey work is being completed for the drainage plan on Stirling Way. The curbing project on Stirling Way should continue this Fall and curbing on Constitution near Washington Lane should be scheduled for summer 04. Dave Allen will be asked to create an asphalt berm at 26 Constitution Drive to temporarily improve the drainage at the hill until the work can be done next year. The property owner should also be contacted.

Dave Patten will check Hillhurst escrow for an expiration date. This road should be dedicated to the township by year end. Matt is waiting to hear from Jack Becker on calculation for the basin. Ridge at Chadds Ford - the deed for the open space has not been returned to the township by Mike Lyons. The maintenance of the basin is the responsibility of Jeff Berlin until the development is turned over to the township. Jeff will also be reminded about the restoration of the springhouse, erection of gates, pillars and check with the landscape architect regarding plantings.

Emergency Management - Reese Reynolds and Jim Sears reported the recent power outage in the northeast has provoked a lot of thought as to where we might fit in if this happened here. Reese commented about the recent rains and the gauge at Chadds Ford reached 9 ft.

Bob Crandell reported on the recent resident awareness program held in July regarding terrorism. The next program will beheld in October titled "Lady Beware" and a postcard will go out to everyone in the township on the date. Also, the Land Trust Balloon Fest will be held September 12 and 13. There is information in the next newsletter on this and it's also available here at the township building. Help for this event is needed.

Dave Patten drafted a lease for the township apartment. 2 state troopers will be renting it starting August 15th at $800/mo. Mr. Patten received correspondence from Mr. Vitelli, attorney for Karyl Kates questioning our ordinances with regard to her subdivision. Mr. Patten will respond. He also noted that the owners of the Walls property will be coming in with a 2 lot subdivision.

Page 4

August 18, 2003

Code Enforcement Officer Rusty Drumheller reported the following:

Chadds Ford Animal Hospital is proceeding to comply with the Zoning Hearing Board decision of 1977. However, they will be back to the township asking for some relief.

Chadds Ford Elementary School - going very slow and it's questionable whether or not they'll be open by October.

Crosslands - submitted plans for the renovation of the main dining room. It was noted they will need a land disturbance permit.

Township building doors - will draft a letter to Architectural Hardware asking for relief since the doors have never worked properly and are still splitting. Dave Patten as our attorney will send the letter.

A bill list dated August 18, 2003 numbering 4599-4653 was submitted and approved for payment by the Board.

With no further business the meeting adjourned at 10 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:

Kathleen Howley

Township Manager